Friday, August 27, 2010

Ottobre i love you

As I was surfing the web one day I discovered these sewing magazines from Finland called Ottobre. Each issue has a bunch of patterns in many sizes. Even more exciting they have a version in English.
So I had order a few to try them out.
I bought one kids one and one adult one. They release four kids mags every year and two adult ones.

This is the cute dutch girl skirt that I made for my little cousin.
Doesn't she look absolutely darling in it. The moment I saw this blue and white fabric it reminded me of dutch ceramic that my husband has shown me before.

The bottom layer is a thin woven linen material, and the top layer is a stretchy sheer that I found on clearance at walmart.
The pattern is from Ottobre 6/2008 Pattern #33
"Double-layer" skirt in size 146

I loved this pattern. It was pretty easy to put together and I finished it in an evening. She loves the skirt and says it's very flirty. I did decide to leave off the second layer casing with tie because the material was so sheer. I would definitely recommend the pattern and plan to sew it again.
This magazine is super cool. The tracing of the pattern looks daunting at first but I found it pretty easy to find the lines I needed. Now I want more Ottobre's!

No comments:

Post a Comment